(Remote) Sales Consultant
Location: Berkeley, California
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we're looking for a Sales Consultant to join our team who'll be responsible for driving LTC Insurance & Hybrid Life + LTC Insurance product sales across multiple employer groups by providing point-of-sale support, product expertise, proposals and enrollment assistance to employees. The Sales Consultant will need to be flexible, as this person will support both Individual & Group LTC Insurance solutions. This remote associate will conduct these duties via telephone, Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting or other technology platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Building new and maintaining existing relationships with financial advisors as well as performing direct-to-consumer enrollment calls.
- Point-of-sale calls/meetings (financial advisors, Insurance specialists, employees, and consumers).
- Act as “subject matter expert” for all things LTC Insurance for our clients.
- Responsible for keeping clients informed about changing or new products in the marketplace.
- Conduct meetings, seminars, and training workshops with advisors or clients.
- Work with LTCI Partners Account Managers to identify and follow up on leads generated by employer human resources, marketing campaigns, and meetings.
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, at times answering multiple calls, online chats and emails across multiple product lines and employer groups.
- Provide competitive intelligence to clients on products in the marketplace (LTC Insurance, Hybrid Life + LTC Insurance and Permanent Life Insurance with Living Benefits riders).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent presentation skills, both in creation and delivery, to current and prospective clients.
- Expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of existing, new and enhanced products.
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs.
- Diligent follow-up skills.
- Effective time management and decision-making skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
Education and/or Experience
- 2+ years of sales experience wholesaling in the Life, LTC or Hybrid Life + LTC Insurance industry (internal, external or combination).
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Life & Health Insurance license preferred.
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado area is $50,000 – $65,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.