(Remote) Application Support Analyst
Location: Berkeley, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The role of the Application Support Analyst is to assist customers (both internal and external) who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of in-house developed web-based proprietary technology applications, products or services. Complex and/or high priority problems are elevated to specialized support groups within Shared Services for resolution when needed, but the Application Support Analyst is responsible to ensure that an effective solution is provided to the user.
This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. The incumbent is on their own in solving problems and determining satisfactory solutions. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other Technology staff members, teams, and their services to the client community.
- Document support procedures.
- Provide support for all technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or some hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
- Determines the most effective manner to resolve client's technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. Consults with Tier II Support, Vendor Support or Project Team leaders when necessary.
- Records required customer and problem information in the ServiceNow Ticket System. Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
- Resolves Level 1 work orders. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems, configuration and conversion issues to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
- Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
- Works on Help Desk and Shared Services related projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Must be able to learn and support new and fast-changing technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good work habits under pressure.
- Familiarity with a wide range of standard office automation products is a must.
- Logical Thinking and Application Troubleshooting Experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have a good command of the English language in order to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support.
- Experience with help desk ticketing system; ServiceNow a plus
Education and/or Experience:
The position requires experience with generally available web-based or desktop applications, troubleshooting, or equivalent training and/or education are necessary. Customer service training and/or experience are beneficial.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.