Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
Summary: The Executive Assistant is responsible for enhancing the Managing Director’s effectiveness by performing a wide variety of complex, diverse, sensitive and confidential administrative functions while providing overall gate-keeping and information management support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as gatekeeper to Managing Director, understanding priorities in the organization.
- Maintain heavy, complex and frequently changing calendar.
- Arrange corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, and arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
- Coordinate meetings and appointments as directed by the Managing Director, reserving meeting space, and preparing the conference room with audio-visual technology as needed.
- Provide high level administrative support to Managing Director.
- Schedule all internal and external meetings and coordinates logistics for meetings/lunches.
- Coordinate all aspects of appointments, meetings, and conference calls.
- Prepare and review materials and correspondence for meetings.
- Compile and modify presentations, spreadsheets, and other various documents. Comfort using and manipulating excel documents with simple formulas is preferred.
- Ensure data accuracy in company records by regularly and routinely updating business contacts, client and vendor information in Salesforce and maintaining files according to company compliance procedures.
- Handle all confidential business matters and works independently on special assignments.
- Participate in regular departmental meetings and training and development sessions as directed.
- Commitment to culture requires a demonstration of professionalism, accountability, customer/client focus, and teamwork
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must also have expert level communication skills and strong decision making ability is essential. Must have the ability to interact diplomatically and professionally, while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. The ability to work independently and multi-task is crucial. Exceedingly well organized, flexible and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment is key. The ability to manage multiple priorities: several calendar requests to ensure each meeting is given the proper prioritization. Must be a power user in Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint, and Excel.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant, preferably in Financial Services or Insurance.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None required
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.