Financial Services Intern (West Region)
Location: Aliso Viejo, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
We believe a company is only as great as its employees and we want our team members to move forward personally and professionally. That is why we’re committed to fostering a people-centric workplace that helps you learn and grow as you prepare for life after college. The 10-week Internship Program starts with an orientation which provides a thorough overview of the company and financial services/corporate retirement industry. Then you’ll gain firsthand experience by rotating though our various departments, attending client meetings with consultants and the opportunity to learn from senior leaders.
This position requires you to be in the office 4 days a week and you can work from home 1 day a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initial training will include investment basics and an introduction to our processes, products, and work environment
- Rotations including our Client Service Operations, Sales & Marketing, Fee Benchmarking, and Investment Departments
- Participate in assigned department project or rotation based on the business needs
- Successfully complete each assigned training rotation during the program
- Demonstrate exemplary internal and external customer service and professionalism throughout course of the internship program
- Prepare presentation on industry related topic and present to senior management
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Proficient in writing and editing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Positive attitude and team player
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information
- Good organizational and planning skills, with a proven ability to manage time well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Education and/or Experience
- Applicants should be a rising senior at an accredited college or university
- Leadership experience in college, community, internship, or co-op experience preferred
Highlights of Experience
- 10 week in-person paid program
- Mentorship opportunities through previous interns and experienced professionals
- Interact and socialize directly with Leadership Team
- Attends all NFP hosted employee appreciation events such as: dedicated intern lunches, happy hours, in-office activities, and our annual offsite beach front summer event
- Free access to office building gym, Pelotons, electric bikes and outdoor lounge during program
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The hourly rate for this position in California is $22.00 per hour.
The hourly rate offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual hourly rate offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.