Sr. Account Manager, Corporate Benefits
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we're looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our team who'll be responsible for working with consultants to service client accounts. The Senior Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with consultants and analysts. This role requires experience in project management as well as great verbal, written, and oral communication skills. In addition, this person prepares materials for presentations and communications and assists team members with day-to-day client servicing. At this level, the Senior Account Manager leads open enrollment presentations, manages the communication process, and takes an active role in client meetings. While in this role, this person should be maintaining relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works proactively to maintain relationships with carrier and client contacts. Takes a significant role in meetings and on calls. Communicates directly with clients and vendors.
- The Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the consultant and analyst.
- Reviews benefit plan summaries and carrier source documents for accuracy.
- Will have an assigned book of business that is supported in conjunction with a consultant.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with clients.
- Communicates directly with them and relies on a growing knowledge of the details of various insurance coverages.
- Develops relationships with carrier representatives in order to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Gets assistance on complex situations or products from more senior team members.
- Begins to anticipate client needs, and works with consultants to resolve them.
- Reviews requests for proposals, (RFPs), and insurance plan analyses in conjunction with the consultant, negotiates with carriers, and recommends renewal actions.
- Drafts client presentations in collaboration with a consultant; takes an active role in client meetings and serves as a project manager to ensure successful outcomes.
- Updates benefit guides and ensures client resources and communications are up to date following open enrollment or coverage changes.
- Partners with Compliance Team as needed to support client needs.
- Attends to client requests including product or vendor service or performance challenges.
- Has a general understanding of alternate funding strategies.
- Oversees client projects such as the implementation of new business and open enrollment process.
- Understands plan rules to ensure compliance with plan documents and summary plan descriptions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of benefits administration, industry trends, carrier products, and services.
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs.
- Effective time management and decision-making skills.
- Diligent follow-up skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Presentation and public speaking abilities.
- Project Management skills.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS preferred.
- 3+ years of industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License ultimately required (we will support this process post-hire if needed).
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.