Business Development Intern - West Region
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility a few days a week.
Summary: We are seeking a bright and energetic individual to become an integral part of our team, and assist our producers with business development activities. Our 10 week Summer Intern Program is designed to provide students a challenging, meaningful and supportive experience. The Summer Intern orientation offers a thorough overview of the company and the opportunity to learn from several senior leaders. The Summer Intern Program also includes challenges, mentoring, philanthropic and networking opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, qualify, and develop new business opportunities through inbound and outbound marketing activities
- Assist business executives with registering for NFP-sponsored conferences, events, and webinars
- Through research identify prospects and build prospecting lists
- Manage and organize event and project deliverables
- Coordinate introductory meetings and assist with discovery appointments
- Meet key metrics including making a certain number of phone calls per week and per month
- Answer and refer phone and email inquiries
- May assist team in scheduling meetings
- Attend seminars and classes related to the department
- Participate in training regarding carrier products and systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills to complete tasks
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products and/or other computer software systems
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with a positive attitude, proactive mindset, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with CEOs, CFOs, Executive Staff, and Human Resources professionals.
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and verbal communications
- Strong typing skills
- Experience using a CRM system (preferred)
- Be willing to work up to 40 hours per week
Education and/or Experience:
- Pursuing BA/BS degree currently with a graduation date before June 2024
- 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Interest in Insurance Industry
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.