Jr Analyst (Hybrid/Remote)
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Jr. Analyst is primarily responsible for quarterly investment review production and support of the investment team. This is a role that requires comfort with administrative tasks, but also will come with learning and growth opportunities to expand responsibilities as depth of knowledge around qualified retirement plan investments improves.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Atlantic region investment team
- Investment research and preparation of quarterly investment commentary
- Attend meetings with fund representatives to gather necessary data on mutual funds used within clients’ retirement plans
- Preparation of quarterly investment reviews
- Ensure data accuracy in investment reporting database; update key data such as investment line-ups and plan assets
- Participate in regular departmental meetings and training and development sessions as directed
- Commitment to culture requires a demonstration of professionalism, accountability, customer/client focus, and teamwork
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must also have expert level communication skills and work well in a team environment. Must have the ability to interact diplomatically and professionally. The ability to work independently and multi-task is crucial. Exceedingly well organized, flexible and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment is key. Must be comfortable working with databases, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with qualified retirement plans preferred, but not required.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding basics of investing and asset allocation, and a general understanding of the securities market.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Series 65 or 66, Licensing must be obtained within 90 days upon accepting the position.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.