Client Service - Administrative/ Associate (Stamford, CT)
Location: Norwich, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who we are:
Lenox Advisors brings together sophisticated solutions in wealth management and insurance services to high-net-worth individuals and their families. As a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP Corp., we combine the culture of a boutique firm with the stability and backing of a large corporation to create an environment that's truly unique. NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and confident admin/ops associate to directly support and partner with a leading senior financial services advisor.
This is a full-time role working daily from our Stamford, CT office.
The Client Service Associate supports the Relationship Manager-RM (Senior Financial Services Advisor) by scheduling and coordinating activities and initiatives that facilitate the new policy and client service processes. The Client Services Associate must provide superior client service by identifying the client’s wants and needs, acting on, and/or delegating items and following through to completion while keeping all parties informed throughout the process. While in this role you must exude confidence in being a direct partner to the RM and his clients while displaying exceptional organizational, follow-through and proactive skillsets. You will be able to take the initiative to work independently, while also utilizing support and resources, and you will partner in the responsibility of keeping the RMs business running effectively.
What you’ll be doing:
Pre-Sale and New Business
- Assembles meeting preparation documents pertaining to the client/prospect prior to sales meetings, including but not limited to, illustrations, policy and product summaries, reports, presentations, and marketing packets
- Performs all insurance underwriting duties, including preparation and completion of multi-life and individual disability, life, and long-term care applications
- Schedules medical insurance exams for clients and orders all Attending Physician Statements based on insurance underwriting guidelines
- Follows up with the client and Relationship Manager during the underwriting process, keeps notes on the process and conversations in MOSAIC
- Partners with the New Business Team to manage all new business cases using MOSAIC as the system of record for status/notes/tasks and communicating with RM and client as necessary
- Participates in Relationship Manager/New Business case management calls
- Reviews insurance policies and prepares them for delivery; follow up on delivery requirements when needed
- Ensures Relationship Manager has appropriate Licensing and Appointments and works with internal contracting and licensing contact to obtain and renew licenses
- Partners with Advanced Sales to obtain and/or generate the appropriate illustrations/one-pagers
- Processes all policy changes including reinstatement of lapsed cases, smoker rating changes, addition or removal of policy riders, and face amount reductions
- Partners with Private Wealth Management Team to process individual asset management applications, service requests, and performance summaries
- Coordinates tasks and responsibilities for all joint work
- Processes all insurance policy service requests, including address, beneficiary/ownership changes, premium mode changes, and dividend option changes
- Provides superior client service by identifying client’s wants and needs, acting on, and/or delegating items and following through to completion, keeping all parties informed throughout the process
- Coordinates all collateral assignments, death or disability claims, and fund allocation changes with the assistance of the Relationship Manager
- Interacts on a daily basis with insurance carriers and vendors to ensure proper and timely execution of client service requests
- Takes a proactive lead on conserving the Relationship Manager’s existing block of business by notifying clients of overdue insurance premiums and coverage in danger of lapsing, tracking all attempts and progress, and keeping the Relationship Manager informed of problematic cases
- Ability to follow through on a variety of requests and ability to create resolutions on client and/or service-related matters.
- Creates client correspondence as needed according to the Lenox Style Guide
- Responsible for greeting clients, fielding phone calls, reviewing incoming mail, managing office supplies, ordering client gifts, and maintaining client files
- Manages the Relationship Manager's calendars, scheduling and confirming client meetings, registering visitors with security, and booking conference rooms
- Ensures data accuracy by regularly and routinely updating information in MOSAIC and maintaining client files. This includes, but is not limited to, fact find information and notes, case management (individual and MultiLife), task management, and client and policy information
- Participates in occasional training and development sessions as directed by department(s) and Regional Manager
- Creates feeder lists as requested
- Partners with the Relationship Managers when participating in Lenox marketing campaigns, including MOSAIC list updates as well as updating client email addresses
What we’re looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; HS Diploma or GED required
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of corporate support/operations experience in either Financial Services, Insurance, Legal, Banking, or Wealth Advisory industries
- Insurance product knowledge (life, disability and long-term care) preferred
- The ability to interact with clients diplomatically and professionally is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must have the ability to work independently and multi-task while paying attention to details as well as be highly organized and able to prioritize in a fast-paced sales environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience utilizing a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system is preferred
- Must be able to work full-time, M-F in our Stamford, CT
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.