Affluent Personal Insurance Account Manager
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role
The Account Manager (II) is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires day-to-day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will manage the renewal and marketing process, and prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with their more senior team members. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, you will develop relationships with clients and carrier contacts and work proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. In addition to managing your own clients, will also continue to support the Account Management Team as assigned.
This role will ideally report to our Plainview, NY or Warrington, PA office with a hybrid work schedule from either. We will consider remote options for experienced PCG/HNW candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts; takes an active role in meetings.
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in. Will prepare the first draft of the renewal presentation.
- Takes the lead on reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive. Communicate directly with clients and carriers, with approval from the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. Responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- May be the first line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from the Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer-focused on establishing and maintaining effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience
- P&C license upon hire
- Associate's degree or BA/BS preferred. HS Diploma or GED required
- More than 3 years of client service and/or industry and product line experience.
- Personal Lines/PCG coverage experience required
- Familiarity with major markets, such as AIG, Chubb/ACE, and PURE
- In addition to familiarity with the major markets as mentioned above, familiarity with carriers such as Travelers, Progressive, and national flood is preferred
- Experience with Epic or other CRM
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly professional and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with clients, colleagues, and carriers
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $47,400 – $78,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.