Employee Benefits Analyst
Location: Warrington, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:This is a full-time position, working within the Reporting and Analytics Department. The position requires day-to-day financial analysis, modeling, and reporting for a specific set of clients. Position includes reviewing data for accuracy and creating client specific reports for analysis and review, as well as preparing client presentations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence that are inclusive of claims, budget/premium, payroll contributions, membership, high claimants and network utilization
- Monitor accounts for any claim trends, high amount claimants, and other emerging underwriting issues.
- Apply underwriting principles to develop renewal projections for medical, dental and vision
- Complete renewal analysis and support the carrier negotiation process
- Complete financial modeling of plan designs, employee contributions, specific stop loss recovery analysis, and IBNR reserve analysis.
- Conduct trend analysis
- Assist in performance of financial modeling of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Assist in preparation of stop loss sensitivity analysis for self-insured clients
- Assist in financial analysis to aid in development of multi-year financial strategies for clients
- In collaboration of the Consulting Team, finalize financial analysis for client presentations
- Build financial models to improve financial analysis reporting and/or renewal process to deliver maximum value and efficiency
- Facilitate special projects as requested of the Reporting and Analytics Department
- Support the sales process through financial analysis
- Attend seminars, sales meetings or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends and regulations in the market place
- Build and maintain solid relationships with consulting teams as well as carrier representatives
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Ability to correspond on all financial issues in a clear, concise and persuasive manner
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from consultants, clients and coworkers
- Dedicated work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- Well organized with the ability to handle several projects/clients simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of the group insurance marketplace including alternative funding methods and industry trends
- Working knowledge of carriers and products
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with Power Query, Power BI and Visual Basic
- Less than 10% travel required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors in Risk Management and Insurance, Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics is highly preferred
- 1-4 years of related experience with an employee benefits consultant/ broker or medical insurance carrier
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- PA Annuities, Life, Accident and Health License required
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.