Renewal Broker, Property & Casualty - Hybrid
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Summary: Full-service commercial Insurance brokerage firm is seeking a Broker in their Lawyers Professional Liability division to assist in the servicing and placement of law firm clients and to assist colleagues on various tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of ongoing client service relationships for assigned company clients.
- Review completed applications to determine competitive carriers/markets to approach with the renewal submissions.
- Negotiate terms, conditions, coverage limits, and pricing with carriers and wholesalers on behalf of clients and prospects for renewal opportunities.
- Communicate due dates, timelines, and expectations to clients and internal partners.
- Respond to clients, underwriters, and internal queries and concerns to resolve issues and questions promptly.
- Maintain a diary (follow-up system) to ensure policies, endorsements, and other binding documents are accurately issued and delivered to insureds.
- Proactively identify issues; summarize and develop strategic solutions.
- Conduct or attend employee, carrier, and client meetings (in-person and virtually) to strengthen and hone communication and presentation skills.
- Work with Account Managers to have proposals created, revised and finalized.
- The above duties may be performed in both a lead broker capacity as well as a back-up/co-brokered role depending on the account.
- Time out of the office and overnight travel should be expected periodically.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Remains informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education and new skills through insurance courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Expected to be a strong member of the community and further personal development in volunteer opportunities.
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Possess technical expertise plus strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
- Possess strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities.
- Excellent time management skills; task oriented; excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize workload.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitivity to client needs, creative and innovative.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Office 365 Products.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Must currently hold a Property and Casualty insurance license (or must obtain it within 3 months of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
About Thompson Flanagan:
Thompson Flanagan is a premier insurance brokerage firm, one born from the belief that there’s a better way to operate as brokers. Thompson Flanagan pairs world-class responsiveness with a rigorous approach to the understanding and appreciation of our clients’ business challenges to determine the best ways to tackle them. Our team-based model empowers every team member to add value and our entrepreneurial mindset keeps everyone relentlessly focused on our clients’ success.
Insurance is complex. That’s why we (at Thompson Flanagan) act as true advocates for our clients—many of whom are law firms, private equity and title companies across the country. We guide them through this maze, knowing how much the right solution can mean to their business. We treat them as we’d like to be treated—keeping them top of mind, communicating openly and being proactive on their behalf. We work as a team, share information constantly and always try to find an even better solution.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.
Thompson Flanagan is a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP, Corp.