Vice President, Professional Liability - Hybrid
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Summary: Full-service commercial insurance brokerage firm is seeking a Vice President in their Lawyers Professional Liability division to provide risk management consultative services to current and prospective clients, to assist colleagues with technical insurance policy analysis and law firm operations knowledge, and to collect and analyze proprietary claims data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct CLE seminars for Thompson Flanagan law firm clients; responsible for creating and presenting unique content.
- Participate in meetings with insureds, underwriters, claims professionals, and broker colleagues as requested.
- Analyze insurance coverage decisions and engage in claims advocacy services on behalf of law firm clients.
- Serve as consultative resource to explain features, advantages, and disadvantages of various insurance carrier policy forms to clients and prospects.
- Attend, as an active participant, new business and renewal meetings for middle market and large law firms across the country (demonstrate ability and willingness to travel).
- Support and assist the team towards generating new business to meet an annual group new business sales goal.
- Demonstrate availability to assist Thompson Flanagan brokers and law firm clients with periodic and spontaneous risk management questions.
- Establish and maintain internal tracking system for law firm client claims/loss activity for use with annual renewals, adverse claim scenarios, and creating proprietary benchmarking/trends data.
- Responsible for attending industry events and social gatherings to cultivate, grow, and maintain relationships with clients and underwriters and to further establish the Thompson Flanagan/NFP brand within the industry.
- Proactively identify and attend programs to learn about new products and services, further expertise, and learn new skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven by entrepreneurial spirit.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to identify and tackle a variety of issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of team members based on different client/prospect needs.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct business activities.
- High-level knowledge of computer and word processing programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and Agency Management Systems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Preferred minimum of 8+ years of professional liability insurance and/or legal experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Active Property & Casualty Insurance Producer License.
About Thompson Flanagan:
Thompson Flanagan is a premier insurance brokerage firm, one born from the belief that there’s a better way to operate as brokers. Thompson Flanagan pairs world-class responsiveness with a rigorous approach to the understanding and appreciation of our clients’ business challenges to determine the best ways to tackle them. Our team-based model empowers every team member to add value and our entrepreneurial mindset keeps everyone relentlessly focused on our clients’ success.
Insurance is complex. That’s why we (at Thompson Flanagan) act as true advocates for our clients—many of whom are law firms, private equity and title companies across the country. We guide them through this maze, knowing how much the right solution can mean to their business. We treat them as we’d like to be treated—keeping them top of mind, communicating openly and being proactive on their behalf. We work as a team, share information constantly and always try to find an even better solution.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.
Thompson Flanagan is a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP, Corp.