Asset Management Associate ( Hybrid)
Location: Los Angeles, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Lenox Advisors brings together sophisticated solutions in wealth management and insurance services to high-net-worth individuals and their families. As a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP Corp, we combine the culture of a boutique firm with the stability and backing of a large corporation to create an environment that's truly unique.
The Asset Management Associate (AMA) role is an entry level opportunity that serves as the primary point of operational execution and success for the Lenox Asset Management department. Based on a team approach, AMAs’ daily duties include liaising with a variety of internal and external parties and must maintain the highest level of organization and communication skills. Lenox Relationship Managers (Financial Advisors), Lenox Asset Management’s Sales Team (Asset Managers), and end-clients all rely on the AMA role to assist with new and existing business across managed portfolios, fixed annuities and variable annuities.
- Assist new clients through the new relationship onboarding process. Understand what paperwork is needed for every new account by investment and account type when a new account request is made. Communicate with clients, Relationship Managers, Asset Managers, Vendors, and MMLISI (broker-dealer) during the new account onboarding process.
- Acts as liaison between Asset Managers and other business partners and subsidiaries to ensure that high quality and comprehensive client service is provided to our clients in accordance with defined parameters. Client service includes client calls, transaction processing and the accurate recording in our proprietary CRM (Mosaic), inquiry response/research and account maintenance.
- Be able to quickly identify complex requests regarding investment accounts, contributions and distributions, policies and procedures, and promptly escalate to Lenox Asset Management Leadership when necessary.
- Manage all additional deposits and withdrawals from clients’ existing accounts through submission, tracking, and communicating with Clients, Relationship Managers, Asset Managers, and Vendors. Inclusive of expediting all wire transfers, distributions, withdrawals, ACAT’s, portfolio rebalancing, and redemption requests.
- Generate client proposals with the direction of Relationship Managers and/or Asset Managers.
- Foster a developing understanding of the various investment programs available through Lenox Asset Management and provide assistance in regularly updating internal marketing platforms (Lenox Intranet) with timely marketing materials.
- Directly support VP, Operations Manager in the completion of special projects as required.
- Develop relationships with Lenox vendors in order to facilitate the maintenance of clients’ accounts.
- Practice consistent usage of Lenox’s proprietary CRM (MOSAIC) and other critical platforms and develop a functional understanding of how these systems interact with one another.
- Serve as an operational resource to Relationship Managers directly conducting Asset Management business without the assisted involvement of an Asset Manager.
- Become proficient in evolving broker-dealer technology as pertains to new account onboarding and reporting. AMAs are accountable for maintaining best-of-breed knowledge on system functionality within various technology platforms. Current responsibilities include Lenox’s proprietary CRM (Mosaic), A360, ProGen, WealthScape, Envestnet, Tamarac, RightBridge, Broadridge and DST Vision.
- Become proficient in evolving custodian technology inclusive of Charles Schwab, Fidelity, National Financial Services (NFS), and more.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 1-3 years prior investment/client relationship/sales experience
- Familiar with sophisticated investment solutions specifically designed for high net worth individuals and be proficient in the development of asset allocation strategies
- Series 7 and 66 preferred
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $43,000 – $81,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP/Lenox Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.