Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
WHO WE ARE:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a fully in office position.
Blue Sky Risk Holdings, LLC (a subsidiary of NFP Corp) is currently looking for an Underwriting Specialist to join their Entertainment Risk Department. This position will be responsible for supporting the underwriting division by providing underwriting and administrative needs to the team to build both the brand and organization. If you are a motivated professional looking to further your career in commercial insurance. we have a great opportunity for you.
The Entertainment Risk Department is a high growth department founded in 2014 to provide insurance coverage to a niche segment of the nightlife and hospitality industry. The rapid expansion has created a need to
bring on a person to work with and assist the team in a variety of business-critical areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review forms and documents for accuracy and completion and obtain missing information as necessary.
- Collaborate with Underwriters in the renewal and new business activities that support marketing and underwriting decisions.
- Identify and gather relevant account information for new and renewal policy activities.
- Scheduling inspections and monitoring for compliance with recommendations.
- Manage account documentation.
- Provide administrative support and other related services as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Highly self-motivated, detail oriented and able to work effectively in an early stage, high growth environment.
- Excellent computer skills strongly preferred.
- Experience with Google Apps for Work preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- One to five years insurance experience preferred.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry a plus but not necessary.
- Commercial property & casualty experience helpful but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Property Casualty producer license in home state required.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Risk Management
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
- P&C license
WHAT WE OFFER
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.