Finance & Accounting Intern
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility a few days a week.
Summary: This position is a shared resource between NFP’s FP&A and Operations Group and will report to the Vice President of FP&A.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support strategic business decision-making through financial modeling and analysis, including ad-hoc modeling and analysis
- Support the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for G&A Functions including development of financial metric models, department specific budgets, and related KPI analysis
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business assessing risks and opportunities in actual results vs. forecasts
- Prepare and automate monthly and quarterly financial reporting, budget and forecast to understand performance drivers
- Identify variances to budget and analyze contributing factors
- Review internal and external agreements, audit systems for accuracy of commission payments, ensure systems align with intended language and intent of agreements
- Review and audit Strategic Ledger Values that are key identifiers for specific revenue driven events
- Align with regional champs to ensure accurate data hygiene for external and internal staff and vendors are tagged appropriately on accounts and policies, review pipeline and opportunities align with budgets and key decision makers
- Exposure to acquired companies, understanding earnout periods, importance of segmenting revenue and expense during key periods of time
- Partner with Accounting to ensure accurate accruals and adherence to accounting policies.
- Ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and special projects as needed
- Interaction with key decision makers: regional leadership, finance & accounting staff, human resources, legal, compliance, sales staff, account service management
- Applied Epic: Property & Casualty revenue
- SalesForce: Corporate and Group Benefits, Wealth & Retirement revenue
- AvidExchange: Accounts Payable
- Concur Solutions: Employee reimbursement
- Cognos: Financial reporting
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Financial statement analysis
- Financial modeling skills
- Working knowledge of full Microsoft Office suite with emphasis in Excel
- Strong written communication skills, preparation of business memorandums
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven, with ability to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities
Education and/or Experience
- Junior or senior of a four-year university preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience in college, community, internship, or co-op experience
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The hourly rate for this position is $22.00 per hour. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.