Claims Advocate - Property & Casualty (Hybrid)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
About the Position
The Claims Advocate will work with internal and external partners to ensure that our clients receive assistance, guidance, and advocacy throughout the lifecycle of their property & casualty claims.
This is a hybrid position with working in office 3 days a week and working remotely 2 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage the claims process for assigned clients (including promptly
reporting claims to insurance carriers, inputting claims into tracking system, and
reviewing claims correspondence)
- Facilitate communication between clients and insurance carrier claim
departments and respond to claim related inquiries in a timely and thorough
- Utilize carrier portals to secure loss runs, claim information, and updates to
prepare loss summaries, obtain updates for brokers or clients, etc.
- Partner with insurance carrier claim departments to schedule claim reviews,
place special account instructions, and engage loss control specialists.
- Regularly communicate with clients and brokers/producers regarding claim
- Record and maintain claim information in EPIC
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Customer service oriented with exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining flexibility as priorities and deadlines change
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year college or university degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of claims experience preferred, but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License required or obtained within 90 days of employment.
Who We Are
Thompson Flanagan is a premier insurance brokerage firm, one born from the belief that there’s a better way to operate as brokers. Thompson Flanagan pairs world-class responsiveness with a rigorous approach to the understanding and appreciation of our clients’ business challenges to determine the best ways to tackle them. Our team-based model empowers every team member to add value and our entrepreneurial mindset keeps everyone relentlessly focused on our clients’ success.
Insurance is complex. That’s why we (at Thompson Flanagan) act as true advocates for our clients—many of whom are law firms, private equity and title companies across the country. We guide them through this maze, knowing how much the right solution can mean to their business. We treat them as we’d like to be treated—keeping them top of mind, communicating openly and being proactive on their behalf. We work as a team, share information constantly and always try to find an even better solution.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.
Thompson Flanagan is a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP, Corp.