Accounts Receivable Coordinator, Insurance (hybrid, Long Island NY or Remot
Location: Plainview, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,400 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator will have oversight and responsibility for all Accounts Receivable balances within the Region. Specific responsibilities will include assisting with billing issues, monthly reconciliation of the Accounts Receivable balances, tracking and managing all aged account balances and providing the Producers and Account Managers with necessary reporting for collection procedures. This is an excellent opportunity for a Jr. Accountant to be mentored to gain additional responsibilities.
This is a full-time position with a hybrid work schedule from our Plainview, Long Island office. We will consider experienced candidates for remote option.
Essential Core Accounting Functions:
- Complete monthly account reconciliations for all regional AR account balances
- Review for credit balances or offsetting items to clear, research payment history
- Review premium payable aging and research payment history, clearing credit balances or offsetting items
- Run weekly reminder notices (earlier of 5 days after effective date or 10 days after invoice date)
- Run weekly Notices of Intent to Cancel coverage (NOIC) or all non-payments 5 business days after reminder
- Run weekly notices to AM’s/Producers to cancel coverage on all non-payments 5 business days after NOIC
- Complete cash-on account postings
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to use discretion as it relates to confidential company, client, and employee information
- Willingness to adjust to changing needs
- Knowledge of Excel, including Pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, formulas, and macros preferred
- Microsoft Office suite required
- Knowledge of Applied EPIC or other CRMs are preferred
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-year (Bachelor’s) Degree in Accounting or other related fields preferred
- 1 – 3 years previous insurance agency experience preferred
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $45,000 – $60,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.