Entertainment Specialty Group Account Coordinator (Hybrid)
Location: Simi Valley, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
This is a support role within the Entertainment Specialty Group, requiring the coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. The coordinator will gather and input data into the agency management system, and provide assistance with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal accounts. Will participate in special projects as assigned by management or senior level staff (e.g. Account Managers or Account Executives) and training with the team that will assist in their learning and development. Experience with Film & Television, Special Events, Event Promoters, and/or Entertainment Rental Houses preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office.
- Prepares ID cards, certificates of insurance, Accord applications, binders, and cancellations.
- Learns to compile data for the Account Management Team to use in proposals and coverage checklists. May assist in preparing proposals.
- Verifies that all documentation including policies, endorsements, and information requested is correct.
- Learns to perform policy checks, audit checks, and the process for completing coverage checklists, and coverage recommendation letters.
- Charged with answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel.
- Verify that rates are correct and adjust for any additional premium, expediting invoicing.
- Verifies the accuracy and compliance of requested documentation including policies and endorsements.
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements and follows up with carriers for outstanding policies, endorsements, corrections, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- P&C License required within 60 days of hire
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our People First culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $40,000 - $70,000 annually. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.