Receptionist, Personal Lines Insurance (Littleton, NH or Morrisville, VT)
Location: Littleton, New Hampshire
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Receptionist reports to the Vice President. The primary purpose/responsibility of the Receptionist is to make sure that each visitor feels welcomed and comfortable. The Receptionist is the first person that a visitor encounters, so the receptionist needs to be courteous, professional, and helpful. Receptionist answers telephones, route calls, greet visitors, respond to inquiries from the public and provide information about the organization. In addition, the Receptionist contributes to the security of an organization by helping to monitor the access of visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet all NFP visitors.
- Greet and welcome all employees, clients and visitors in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner. Ensure only authorized individuals are allowed on-site.
- Answer phone calls and ensure that all calls are answered promptly and properly.
- Maintain a neat and orderly reception area.
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory.
- Sort, scan and file mail. Notify staff of packages, deliveries or messages.
- Provide support to a small team of Account Managers by working on various projects as needed.
- Report any security concerns to management.
- Accept and post client payments to carrier website.
- Effective organizational skills – keeps files and work area organized.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to periodically work extended hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must also have basic Desktop computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word. Individual must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation system. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate or an equivalent required.
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, with a positive and professional demeanor and
exceptional communication and phone skills
- The candidate will also have strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Should have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook and technical agility in
working with multiple systems/database
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None required
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.