Human Resources Intern
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility a few days a week.
Summary: The overall objective of the HR Intern is to assist Human Resources function in handling administrative tasks. Possessing strong organizational skills and efficient work habits are qualities sought in an HR Intern. In return, the HR Intern will receive hands-on exposure to the inner workings of a human resources department in a large/matrix organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Gets familiar with NFP’s Educational Assistance Program and responds to employee inquiries and processes requests
- Issues Brand New Day Kits to the Field as needed
- Updates employee information in UltiPro (ie. New managers, job codes etc.)
- Updates Organizational Charts as changes are made
- Researches and responds to PTO inquiries made by employees
- Creates recruitment requisitions
- Research, respond, or direct HR Inbox inquiries to appropriate HR Group
- Maintain Brand New Day Packet Inventory
- Reviews and proofs job descriptions as assigned
- May be asked to research specific guidelines and regulations pertaining to human resources
- Assistance with I-9 maintenance
- Assists with the maintenance of permanent and electronic personnel records
- Assists in preparation of any employee events/activities
- Provides administrative support to HR team as needed
- May be asked to assist in editing/reviewing, or developing employee communications documents, research ideas for events, and other necessary tasks as assigned
- Other HR related duties, as assigned
Who you are:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- Preferably a Junior going into their Senior Year.
- Proficient in MS Suite. Comfortable with technology
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others
- Willing to physically report to Austin, TX office 2-3days/week
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.