Sr. Property & Casualty Risk Placement Specialist
Location: Concord, New Hampshire
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP:
Summary: The Sr. Risk Placement Specialist has responsibility for growing organic revenue with clients. This individual is responsible from maintaining and growing an assigned book of business, territory and/or sector of medium complexity. May engage in integrated selling opportunities.
Specialties – Transportation, Construction, Healthcare, Municipalities
This is a full-time position, ideally working hybrid from our Austin, TX or Ohio offices. We will consider a fully remote option for experienced and P&C licensed candidates. Must be able to work on a CST or EST time zone schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers.
- Work directly with the carriers and/or E&S Marketplace. Recommend new and additional coverages and obtain quotes for client.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and how NFP's clients are being impacted to help solve specific market challenges.
- Responsible for making presentations and proposals, securing competitive bids on insurance, re-proposing as necessary and closing sales.
- Use independent judgment and discretion placing clients’ coverage with market carriers. Negotiate terms and pricing in the best interests of the client. Make appropriate recommendations to client with regard to all insurance matters.
- Confers with management on setting and achieving integrated selling targets.
- Set leadership example with use of technology such as Epic to report actual results.
- Acts as subject matter expert for company products and services.
- May provide mentoring and coaching to fellow team members.
- Frequently makes independent judgments.
- Complete other special assignments as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Experience with E&S Marketplace coverage is required
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- HS Diploma/GED required. College degree preferred
- More than 3 years of commercial P&C experience preferred
- Experience with EPIC (or other industry CRM) preferred
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite required
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License required upon hire
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.