Internal Audit Intern
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit:https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility a few days a week.
Internal Audit reflects the merge of statistic theories and business evaluation that is used to evaluate different processes, identify opportunities of improvement, and assist in decision making. During your internship at NFP, you will be exposed to audit procedures mainly in the area of expense analysis and also cash, receivables and payables. You will work closely with staff and managers on their day-to-day tasks, audit projects, and any ad hoc requests that may come up. You will obtain an understanding of various audit/analytic approaches and methods, and have a hands-on experience on how these approaches are executed and documented. You will also have an opportunity to interact with different level of management as a member of the engagement team. Additionally, you will have a chance to be involved in office community activities, and build lasting relationships with members of NFP team.
What you'll be doing:
- Review and analyze audit reports, e.g. T&E reports, payment register reports, etc.
- Vouch expense samples to validate/invalidate hypothesis and audit assessment
- Support internal audit staff in documenting audit procedures and conclusions through the preparation of detailed and fully supported work-papers
- Create a PivotTable to analyze worksheet data
- Assist with updates, analysis and maintain Excel spreadsheets
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
Who you are:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Audit, Accounting/Accounting Information System, Statistics or related field
- Strong computer skills (Window, MS Office, etc.), familiar with pivot tables
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing assigned tasks
- Follow instruction, comfortable to ask questions and follow-up questions with professional curtesy
- Available for the full summer internship program period (June 1 - August 11, 2023)
If this sounds like you, you're the right fit!
Education and/or Experience:
- Applicants should be a rising senior at an accredited college or university
- Leadership experience in college, community, internship, or co-op experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:None
Highlights of Experience:
- 10 week in-person paid program
- Mentorship opportunities through previous interns and experienced professionals
- Interact and socialize directly with Leadership Team
- Attends all NFP hosted internship events
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The hourly rate for this position is $20.00 per hour. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You… Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.