Personal Risk Insurance Coordinator (hybrid-Palm Springs, CA)
Location: Palm Springs, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,400 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP:
NFP P&C Private Client Group is a retail operation for affluent and wealthy individuals and families seeking personal lines (PL) products in the United States, part of Europe, and Canada. Headquartered in New York City with offices across the country, we specialize in insurance ranging from homeowners and auto to specialty lines such as aircraft and watercraft. Private Client Group is a division of NFP Property & Casualty. Our parent company, NFP, is a leader in the delivery of benefits solutions for companies of all sizes in the delivery of life insurance and wealth management solutions.
Summary: This is a support role, requiring the coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. While in this role, the Coordinator is beginning to have client contact, via more senior team members. They may join meetings and client calls but will be responsible for listening, taking notes and providing follow-up to the team. In this role, the Coordinator will begin to learn the functions of the Account Manager, most specifically begin to get exposure to the RFP process and continue to expand upon their industry knowledge through special projects as directed by senior team members.
This role will work from our Palm Springs, CA office. We offer a hybrid work schedule. You must be within commuting distance to the Palm Springs office to report at least a few days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist a team of Account Managers with daily or routine responsibilities in processing endorsements, agency bill transactions, creating evidence of insurance and automobile identification cards and direct bill reconciliations
- Will liaise with external carriers and escrow companies
- Inputs changes (such as renewals) and files various items electronically in EPIC document management system
- Follow up with the insurance companies for outstanding policy endorsements, etc.
- Prepares I.D. cards, evidence of insurance, applications, binders and cancellations under the direction of the Account Manager or Account Executive
- Maintains suspense file both electronic and manual for various correspondence and endorsements
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements
- Will assist on various projects as needed and assigned by Department Manager
- Matches mail, i.e. policies, endorsements, pending mail, copies
- Gains exposure to clients and carrier contacts; attends meetings and calls, primarily does not take an active role
- Performs policy checking, and completes coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters.
- Creates and maintains client files in the Agency Mgmt. System in accordance with office procedures. When an order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice.
- Assists with billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of administration/ops and customer service experience
- Experience in P&C insurance, especially Personal Lines coverage is highly desired
- HS Diploma or GED required: additional education/training preferred
- Experience in insurance and EPIC software is desired
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License is not required upon hire but may be required within six months of hire.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $35,000 – $63,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.