Benefits Administration Client Representative
Location: Wallingford, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
Responsible for customer support of PPI’s benefits administration services and tools. Provide timely and
accurate resolution to enrollment, billing, COBRA and benefits administration issues. Maintain thorough
and current knowledge of company offered products, services and procedures. Develop and maintain
strong relationships with coworkers, clients, brokers, and carriers. Positively represent PPI to clients to
help the satisfy company retention, growth and profitability goals.
Eligibility & Enrollment
- Data processing activities, including form review, Excel spreadsheet preparation, enrollment data
entry, quality control, and client follow-up for required information.
- Coordinate with insurance carriers and vendors on enrollments, corrections and changes, using
the appropriate sense of urgency for the situation and following through to obtain member ID
number or ID card when appropriate.
- Resolve eligibility discrepancies from carrier electronic data feed fallout.
- Use AutoEnroll tools to access and review electronic data feeds to carriers, understanding format
and frequency standards for each carrier in order to manage client expectations for enrollment
timing, and recognize potential problems.
- Reinforce rules, preferred protocols and best practices with clients, including client use of
AutoEnroll and timely enrollment and changes.
Billing & Payment
- Verify accuracy of and explain premium calculations for medical, dental, life, and disability
coverage and other billed fees or costs.
- Perform review and QC of client invoices.
- Use accounting principles to explain client billing details, adjustments, balance due, etc. and
reconcile monthly premium discrepancy reports for assigned accounts.
- Train clients on the use of Excel billing report features and benefits.
- Reinforce preferred protocols and best practices with clients, including electronic billing, pay-as-billed methodology, and monthly review of invoices.
Customer Service & Communication
- Provide excellent customer service through both phone and email, using strong listening and
communication skills, a customer-centered approach and positive attitude.
- Manage client service email box by responding to, resolving, or coordinating inquiries as
appropriate throughout the day.
- Be a resourceful problem solver, adept at using multiple systems, applications and resources to
independently investigate and determine appropriate resolution for complex issues.
- Keep account management and leaders informed of progress and escalated issues.
Benefits Administration Technology
- Provide client training and ongoing support of PPI’s web-based benefits administration system,
including eligibility maintenance, reporting, employee self-service, payroll integration options,
COBRA administration, etc.
- Independently perform technology training for broker and client via web-based meetings.
- Identify opportunities to increase PPI’s relevance to clients, and demonstrate recommended
products, tools and features that provide solutions and benefit human resources activities.
All other job-related duties and special projects as required.
High school diploma or equivalent is required, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is preferred.
2-4 years business experience within customer-focused role, preferably in benefits administration setting, preferred.
- Requires a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of
Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Requires computer skills including proficiency with Internet and web-based applications
- Requires ability to independently manage multiple priorities and tasks effectively
- Accounting or payroll knowledge a plus
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.