Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,400 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
As a Benefits Coordinator you will have the opportunity to be part of a training class, learning the ins and outs of the Benefits industry. You will work closely with account teams, assisting with the day-to-day servicing of our clients. This is an amazing opportunity to start in an entry level role and grow with us!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gains exposure to clients and carrier contacts; attends meetings and calls, does not take active role
- Assist Account Manager in preparing insurance company proposal requests and spreadsheeting results, benefits and rates.
- Reviews client documents and summary of benefits and coverage for accuracy under the direction of more senior team members
- Creates and maintain client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Answers administrative questions from clients and/or insurance company personnel such as ID card request, claims or billing questions
- May have direct contact with vendors or clients for clerical and administrative assistance.
- May have direct contact with clients for open enrollments administration, as a support to the Account Manager.
- Assist Account Manager in preparing insurance company proposal requests and spreadsheeting proposals.
- Assist Account Teams in their preparation for client meetings by reviewing presentations for grammar, verification of rates and benefits and ensuring formatting is appropriate.
- Coordinate client mailings, communications or packets related to Open Enrollment, as directed by the Account Manager.
- Complete and process group applications and Broker of Record letters, as directed by the Account Manager
- Create and maintain client calendar, remind more senior team members of important dates to ensure completion of pending items and future deliverables.
- Assists in research of questions regarding benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Enrollment fulfillment during renewal and new business onboarding process
- Assist Account Managers in the gathering of form 5500 information, maintain 5500 calendar and tracker, reach out to carriers when needed
- Assists Account Managers with client projects such as implementation of new business, open enrollment process, non-discrimination testing, etc.
- Assists with problem resolution on claims, billing and eligibility issues with carriers
- Create and maintain files and client data; maintain client data Salesforce, as directed by Account Manager
- Maintain library of life and benefits magazine publications, insurance company newsletters, legislative updates, and reference materials.
- Attend seminars and classes related to the department and to maintain L&H License.
- Participate in training regarding carrier products and systems
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and service
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or equivalent
- More than 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- License is generally not required at this level but may be required by state law
What We Offer:
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $41,000 – $69,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.