HYBRID-Senior Account Coordinator- General Property & Casualty
Location: Simi Valley, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
NFP Property & Casualty is looking for a Senior Account Coordinator.
This is a support role, requiring the Coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. While in this role, the Coordinator is beginning to have client contact, via more senior team members. They may join meetings and client calls but will be responsible for listening, taking notes and providing follow up to the team. In this role, the Coordinator will begin to learn the functions of the Account Manager, most specifically begin to get exposure to the RFP process, and continue to expand upon their industry knowledge through special projects as directed by senior team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gains exposure to clients and carrier contacts ; attends meetings and calls, primarily does not take active role
- Assists Account Management Team in preparing insurance for company proposal requests.
- Performs policy checking, completes coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters.
- Creates and maintains client files in the Agency Mgmt. System in accordance with office procedures. When order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice.
- Assists with billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or equivalent;
- More than 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License required-State of California
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $40,000-$70,000 annually. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.