P&C Production Underwriter
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
BSR Holdings Services, LLC - Entertainment Risk, now a part of NFP, is a high growth company founded in 2014 by to provide insurance coverage to a
niche segment of the nightlife and hospitality industry. Our rapid expansion has created a need to
bring on a person to work with and assist our team in a variety of critical business areas.
We are currently looking for a Production Underwriter to join our growing team. If you are a
motivated professional looking to further your career in commercial insurance we have a great
opportunity for you.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Expected to independently maintain a portfolio of accounts while generating a pipeline of
new business opportunities
- Expected to independently develop and manage new sources of distribution in the territory
through broker relationships
- Read, evaluate, and interpret contracts and policies to provide guidance and clarification to
brokers and insureds.
Knowledge, Skills, And/Or Abilities:
- Natural self-starter capable of working at a high level in an independent environment.
- Track record and comfort level with taking responsibility and accepting accountability for
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- High energy and enjoy having fun at work.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education And/Or Experience:
- Prior experience as a commercial production underwriter required
- Prior employment with a commercial lines program administrator required
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- 3 to 5 years commercial insurance experience, surplus lines preferred
- Property Casualty producer license in home state required
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Risk Management
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Georgia P&C license
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time
- Climate controlled office environment.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.