Account Manager II - Corporate Benefits (Hybrid)
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,400 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Account Manager is the primary service contact for the client. Responsible for problem-solving claim resolutions, billing concerns, compliance communications, open enrollment support, and strengthening relationships with existing clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with client
- Anticipates client needs and identify the strategies to solve them
- Oversees client projects such as implementation of new business, open enrollment process, non-discrimination testing, etc.
- Interprets plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions
- Responsible for the preparation of information for client meetings includes but is not limited to the following; agendas, printing and preparing client materials for meeting
- Responsible for taking meeting notes that are distributed to meeting attendees within 48 hours of the meeting. Responsible for tracking any action items that are discussed at meetings
- Assisting the team in tracking action items based on the client’s annual calendar
- Assists HR and employees with billing and claim questions and issues. Provides resolution support
- Expected to have regular client contact as established by the client service calendar and renewal timeline. Client contact will include all methods: electronic, telephonic and in person
- Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners
- Conducts or assists with on-site meetings to communicate to employees and/or administrator about their benefit plan.
- Develop employee memorandum drafts for client to communicate the following annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications
- Provide resolution support and oversight of employee issues such as enrollment and billing issues
- Conducts annual client compliance audits using NFP portal
- Provides updates to clients regarding appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues
- Support, educate, advise and aid clients on all Compliance topics including, but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s and Health Care Reform
- Develops relationships with carrier representatives to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients
- Acts as the subject matter expert on benefits and vendor/carrier products and services
- Has general understanding of alternative funding strategies
- Works with VP of Employee Benefits of Colorado , Account Executives, and Benefit Analysts to support in the development and execution of client strategy plan and defined deliverables
- Provides support of benefit administration online portals. For some platforms may be required to provide administrative support within the portal
- Performs other duties as assigned and increasingly exercises independent judgment subject to general supervisor support
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Must be able to share ideas and communicate clearly
- Must be able to work efficiently in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Meet deadlines, work under pressure, organize, prioritize, manage multiple tasks and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail in work
- Ability to carry out our support complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables
- Continue to learn and stay updated on industry education, new product knowledge, legislation, coverage’s and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate client needs
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with client and team members
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience Account Management experience working at a consulting / brokerage or employee benefit vendor
- High School Graduate.
- 4-year college degree or industry specific designation preferred
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
- Must currently hold life and disability insurance license (or must obtain it within 4 months following date of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Microsoft products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
The following are basic skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with internal team and clients. Provide articulate and clear information.
- Requires the ability to evaluate, audit, deduce, and/or assess data and/or information using established criteria. Includes exercise of discretion in determining actual or probable consequences, and in referencing such evaluation to identify and select alternatives.
- May require ability to question and discuss reference, descriptive, design, advisory, consulting, and conceptual data and information with clients and colleagues.
- Requires ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; ability to calculate decimals and percentages; ability to utilize principles of fractions and to interpret graphs.
- Requires the ability to apply incentive and leadership principles and to draw on own and others' experience to develop and apply best practices to solve problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Colorado Health and Life state license
- This is a hybrid role, where you'll work twice a week in the office.
WHAT WE OFFER
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in the Colorado area is $50,000 - $93,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be d