Account Executive- Employee Benefits
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
Lenox Advisors brings together sophisticated solutions in wealth management and insurance services to high-net-worth individuals and their families. As a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP Corp, we combine the culture of a boutique firm with the stability and backing of a large corporation to create an environment that's truly unique.
Responsible for account management and day-to-day interaction with corporate clients: maintaining assigned accounts, acquiring needed materials for enrollments, providing client service and building customer relationships throughout the year. Can participate in census and upload work required for enrollment implementations - emphasis on excel work to analyze census data, research eligibility, perform benefit calculations, and prep information for upload and/or distribution to enrollment teams. Also works with carriers to provide necessary data, confirm data accuracy and ensure their materials and website are ready for enrollment activity.
- Acts as the main contact for corporate clients during and after the enrollment process
- Works with corporate clients to secure the data and information necessary to prepare for enrollments.
- Oversees enrollment implementation activities to ensure all census work, uploads and enrollment communications are completed on a timely basis.
- Handles ongoing client service and case administration issues including new hires, terminations, list billing issues, responding to miscellaneous questions and inquiries, etc.
- Initiates the annual re-enrollment process, coordinating timing with the corporate client and the ML sales person on the account.
- Builds client relationships throughout the year with follow up calls, meetings and lunches.
- Census work and uploads as needed
- Can assist in analyzing and preparing census data for enrollments including eligibility analysis, benefit analysis, alerts, RM assignments, and licensing/splits analysis.
- Works with carriers on all phases of enrollment implementations: supplies carriers with required census data, confirms accuracy of eligible population and benefit calculations, and coordinates and QCs enrollment material deliverables from carrier (ie one pagers and apps).
- Prepares census data for upload into MOSAIC.
- Creates point of sale materials for each enrollment (i.e. Szostak charts).
- Provides support to RMs & assistants as needed via our weekly team meetings and on case-related issues throughout enrollments.
- Works on special tasks and/or projects as assigned and contributes ideas for improvements in departmental processes, procedures and workflow efficiency.
- Knowledge of the DI, LTC and GVUL products, features and benefit calculations
- Requires Microsoft Excel knowledge and skills to perform the necessary census analysis and calculation work
- MOSAIC, Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Knowledge of product administration
- Multi-life implementation and enrollment process
- Multi-life case design, underwriting and offer process
- Effective communicator with peers, management and vendors
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships, at all levels internal and external
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise
- Uses technology appropriately
- Understands and provides excellent client service
- Listens, anticipates, understands and responds to client needs.
- Effective leadership and people skills
- Well-planned, organized and good time management skills
- Able to prioritize
- Identifies and anticipates problems, develops and executes solutions
- Effective teacher
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Recognizes and learns from mistakes
- Extremely customer service oriented
- Detailed and thorough
- Ethical, dependable, authentic and trustworthy
- Accepts personal accountability
- Team player
- Decision Maker
- Dependable, adheres to company procedures, processes and guidelines
- Has a positive, “can do”, “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Self-manager and self-motivator
- Has a desire to continually learn, self-educate and acquire new skills
- Open to feedback
- College Degree
- Client facing interaction, ideally benefits experience
- Life and Health licensed
What We Offer:
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $60,000 – $107,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP and Lenox Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.