VP, Account Management Commercial Lines Ins. (East Coast remote/hybrid)
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Vice President has local and regional responsibility for management of clients with medium to high complexity. Manages retention, maintains strong relationships with key client stakeholders and carriers and is responsible for policy compliance, client satisfaction, and people management functions.
This leadership role will support our Atlantic Region. We offer the flexibility of a hybrid schedule, and minimal days in one the regional offices. You should be able to accommodate occasional office, carrier and client meetings within the Atlantic region. Remote option.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain ongoing relationships with complex and large clients; Act as the subject matter expert on Property & Casualty and carrier products and services
- Supervises the Commercial Lines Dept with oversight of 50+ staff
- Performs marketing functions for all new and renewal business. Prepares renewal proposals for presentation to client, as well as new business proposals
- May visit clients to review insurance programs or new products, or introduce new products
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS, Masters or other advanced learning or certifications
- More than 10 years industry and commercial product line experience
- Supervisory/Management experience required
- CRM fluency is required. Experience with Epic preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property & Casualty Broker's License required
- CPCU or other P&C designation preferred
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
NFP and You... Better together!