Account Manager - Employee Benefits
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Account Manager is responsible for ensuring VPS clients and patients receive superior service. Key member of the account management team is responsible for overall satisfaction and retention of assigned book of business. Manages the day-to-day client relationship. Accountable for core service delivery for clients working cross-functionally with all operational teams. The Account Manager proactively reviews performance metrics to promote client satisfaction, profitability, and retention. Utilizes technology, tools, processes and resources to anticipate and exceed clients and brokers’ needs and expectations. Collaborates with sales team on broker activity, expectations, and service needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages day to day client relationships through comprehensive knowledge of client’s benefit plan and VPS’ product offerings.
- Daily interaction with clients, consultants and producers providing preventative consultation, analysis and issue resolution associated with VPS core services.
- Responsible for timely and accurate management and execution of all client benefit requests, including benefit changes, product upsells, new groups, terminations and escalated issues.
- Accountable for new group and specific product implementations; including establishing and leading internal meetings to ensure collaboration and attention to detail throughout the process in order to meet expected timelines and quality standards.
- Lead client centric team meetings to review VPS’s operational performance against client’s expectations and needs.
- Presentation of pharmacy benefit performance metrics to clients on a quarterly/annual basis to show specific performance measures in comparison with VPS book of business to promote client satisfaction, client retention and upsell opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and Internet experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong focus on book of business client satisfaction and client retention results.
- Demonstrated ability managing projects, utilizing proven project management processes.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to proactively communicate and to resolve issues with the highest sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 25%
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 1-3 years of relevant experience.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.