Employee Communications Intern
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
The Employee Communications Intern supports the Employee Communications practice. This position manages, creates, refines and delivers branded content across multiple media channels (print and digital). This position also assists in various other marketing and communications projects, such as blog, newsletter, website maintenance and editing.
Accountable for these five key areas:
- Assist the Employee Communications practice on a variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Managing and producing monthly and ongoing communications for clients
- Production of Digital Benefits Guides and other websites
- Assisting Account Teams on benefits materials (announcements, open enrollment materials, new hire materials, etc.)
1: Managing ongoing communications: monthly newsletters, email marketing and new hire materials
2: Digital communications: creating clear and engaging content and materials through various digital platforms with a focus on user experience
3: Editing: reviewing materials created by Communications teams
4: Design and production: assist in various design and video production projects
5: Core Values: recognize and have a shared belief in the company’s Core Values
Goals and Measures of Success
- Assist in the successful delivery of seasonal materials for over 120 clients
- Ensure on-time delivery of monthly and ongoing communications
- Development of instructions and process documentation
- Commitment to 20-40 hours per week
- Working toward bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or other business-related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (required)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (required)
- Proficient in at least one email service provider (required)
- Graphic design and web development experience (required)
Essential Functions and Skills
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated while working hybrid
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Interact with others in person via phone, screenshare and email
- Technology savvy (i.e., computer, printer, business software, and phone)
- Be mindful of NFP Indy’s needs, employee goodwill and public image
- Occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds)
- Comfortable sitting for long periods of time
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. This is a paid internship.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.