Location: Miami Gardens, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
NFP is looking for a licensed Actuary/Benefits Administrator to join our team and work in our Benefits Consulting practice. As a licensed Actuary/Benefits Administrator joining NFP's Benefits Consulting practice, you can look forward to a plethora of growth opportunities and constant learning opportunities to stay abreast of the latest industry trends, regulations, and compliance issues. This opportunity offers the potential for long-term career growth and development in a challenging and rewarding field.
- 5+ years of Qualified Plan Experience with small to mid-size Plans, especially Cash Balance Plan Design. Floor Offset experience is a bonus.
- Enrolled Actuary preferred, or on the path to becoming an enrolled actuary. Must have passed at least 2 of the 3 following exams EA-1 exam or equivalent, EA-2L and/or EA-2F
- Possess full command of qualified plan testing requirements, (410(b), 401(a)(4), 401(a)(26))
- Familiarity with PGBC forms and regulations
- Formulate and process benefits calculations and projected benefits estimates
- Experience with ASC Topic 715 GAAP disclosures (FASB) preferred
- Experience using LDE Penguin and/or Datair preferred
- Proficient with the Microsoft Excel
- Handle a case load of 50-100 Defined Benefit Plans or Combo Plans
- Produce the Plan Valuations, annual Plan Reports, and conduct compliance testing
- Assist Plan Consultants with projections to best achieve goals of the client
- Assist Consultants with plan design work ups for new clients
- Prepare Schedule SBs and AFTAPs
- Assisting with plan audits and terminations
- Work with legal department to keep Plans in compliance
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $150,000 annually to $180,000 annually.
The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.