Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
NFP Property & Casualty is looking for an Accountant to join the team.
The Accountant is responsible for serving as a key team player in utilizing accounting skills set to manage company receivables and payables. Additionally, the Accountant will provide support with month-end close processes and special projects, as assigned. The Accountant will need to establish and maintain good communications with firms and other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, oversee and assist with the financial reporting and accounting operations of firms, including the monthly close of financial systems and recording of journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Month- and year-end close processes, including account reconciliations and variance analyses
- Manage and analyze A/R, including reconciling statements, analyzing aging receivables, and reviewing and processing return premium
- Generate and manage statements and reports, including producer reports, account current statements, finance agreements, etc.
- Monitor, reconcile, and report bank activity, including receipts, disbursements, etc.
- Reconcile vendor accounts and accounts payable transactions
- Conduct billing, payment, and reporting activities within specific deadlines
- Work across teams to provide accounting insight and support
- Document accounting procedures and policies
- Other accounting and finance projects, as assigned
- Communicate with NFP’s external auditors for interim and year-end testing
- Able to manage company payables
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and be able to adapt to/understand various accounting and reporting systems
- Preferred knowledge in QuickBooks
- Excellent communication, organization, and analytical skills are a must
- Must be able to manage projects efficiently and effectively, as well as meet set deadlines
- Needs to be very detail oriented and handle multi-tasks at a fast pace
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to use discretion as it relates to confidential company and client information
- Adaptability with changing perspectives and/or needs
- Assertiveness with ideas and questions
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Openness to feedback
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred, finance and other business disciplines considered
- 3 years previous experience
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required
- Company Payables / Receivables experience preferred
- QuickBooks experience a plus
- Insurance agency or MGA/MGU experience a plus
- Agency management systems (e.g., TAM, Epic, IMS) experience strongly recommended
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- CPA certification preferred, but not required
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $50,000-$93,000 annually. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.