Commercial Insurance Account Executive (NJ or PA hybrid)
Location: Warrington, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Account Executive interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. In this role, you will prepare applications, specifications and marketing strategy for new business as well as the renewals of assigned clients with some degree of supervision and approval from their Supervisor. In this role you will take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for assigned clients. The Account Executive may have revenue goals and/or client retention targets.
This is a full-time role and we offer the flexibility of a hybrid schedule with at least 2 days in either our Voorhees or Morristown, NJ or Warrington, PA offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- Works with the Claims Department on relevant claims for assigned clients.
- Responsible for accurate information such as updated exposures, driver information, reporting forms, signed endorsements and miscellaneous information to avoid any E&O claims.
- Maintains a diary (follow-up system) to ensure policies, endorsements and other information is received to comply with requests
- May provide direction and knowledge-share to Coordinators and Account Managers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, and clients through regular contact and client visits. Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail, decision-making skills and problem resolution.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than five years of industry and CL product experience
- CRM fluency is required. Experience with Epic preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License required
- CIC, CPCU or other P&C designation preferred
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.