Office Administrator - Hybrid
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
About the Position:
We're looking for an Office Administrator to join our team. Ideal candidates will have strong attention to detail, effective communication and interpersonal skills, and is highly organized. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their office management and marketing skills. This position will be responsible for handling office management, reception duties and marketing projects.
This is a hybrid position with working from home flexibility 1-2 days a week after the initial 30-day training period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage reception area, including routing of incoming calls, mail communications, and greet all incoming guests with a hospitality mindset.
- Assist in the creation of PowerPoint presentations and proposals.
- Manage volunteer efforts, lead Chicago’s social committee, and help coordinate internal and external events including planning, supporting, and on-site coordination in the Chicago area.
- Contribute to building NFP’s brand identity by facilitating social media posts for team members.
- Provide LinkedIn assistance and perform profile audits for producers/advisors.
- Assist team members with meeting preparations; scheduling, placing catering orders, printing and binding presentations, etc., as needed.
- Maintain office inventory and restock café, pantries, production room, print areas and conference rooms.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Problem solver, positive attitude, eager to learn and help others.
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills.
- Strong aptitude for organization and prioritization.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility in duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work on projects independently or with a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to learn software/technology quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 1 year of a professional office setting or marketing experience preferred.
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint experience required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee must be able to carry boxes up to 20lbs.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.