Commercial Insurance Senior Account Manager (Long Island, NY hybrid)
Location: Plainview, New York
Job Type: Full time
Commercial Lines Sr. Account Manager – Complex Risks
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for working with Broker, Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Senior Account Manager may have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Broker, Account Executives and Advisors. In addition, this person may prepare materials for presentations and communications and assists team members with day-to-day client servicing. At this level, the Senior Account Manager may take on an active speaking role in client meetings. While in this role, this person should be maintaining relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to deliver services effectively and efficiently to clients. Some Senior Account Managers may be responsible to manage their own block of business.
This role requires working on-site in our Plainview (Long Island), NY office. We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to maintain relationships with carrier and client contacts. May lead client meetings for accounts assigned to them.
- The Senior Account Manager may have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Broker, Account Executives and Advisors.
- Communicates directly with clients and carriers, in collaboration with the Broker, Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive.
- Gather and input data into the agency management system, provide assistance with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal business.
- Work with senior team members to prepare specifications &/or accord apps as necessary for marketing/pricing.
- Verifies Coverage for certificates of insurance issued by dept Processor or other team members
- May prepare id cards and certificates of insurance.
- Policy checking, audit checks, and the completion of coverage checklists and coverage recommendations.
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements follows up with carriers for outstanding policies, endorsements, corrections, etc.
- Invoicing, finance agreement preparation and assist on billing questions from clients, accounting personnel and insurance company personnel when necessary.
- Processing Broker of Record Requests.
- Complete Affidavits and Due Diligence Forms for non-admitted placement.
- Special projects as assigned by management or senior level staff.
- May provide training to new hires assigned to team.
- Utilize NFP’s Service Model as a source for the latest processes, tools, and resources to support delivering best-in-class service to NFP’s clients and carrier partners.
- May have an assigned book of business.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Able to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate level of experience in agency management system(s)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than five years industry experience, focused on large, complex Commercial Lines
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License required
What We Offer:
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $55,000 – $85,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.