Affluent Personal Insurance Sr. Account Executive (NJ hybrid or remote)
Location: White Plains, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Account Executive interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. You will prepare applications, specifications and marketing strategies for new business as well as the renewals of assigned clients, including challenging coverges and with little to no supervision. In this role you will be the lead consultant and primary point of contact for assigned clients. The Senior Account Executive may work on large, complex accounts with large premiums and multifaceted coverages.
We offer a hybrid work schedule from our Morristown, NJ office. We are also open to well-experienced remote hires who have PCG/HNW coverage and carrier experience and are able to work EST hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- level facilitates requests and needs of the carriers on behalf of NFP's clients.
- Works with the Claims Department on relevant claims for assigned clients.
- Requires expertise in multi-line accounts with more complex coverages including retrospective rating plans for large lines of coverages and foreign packages.
- Maintains a diary (follow-up system) to ensure policies, endorsements and other information is received to comply with requests
- May supervise and direct the daily job activities of the Coordinators, Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, and clients through regular contact and client visits.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Must have Personal Lines and High Net Worth/Private Client Group (PCG) client coverage experience
- P&C license required upon hire
- P&C Account/Client Management experience
- Familiarity with major markets, such as AIG, Chubb/ACE, PURE and Cincinnati Financial. This includes knowledge of their products, appetite and experience with their quoting systems
- Highly professional and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with clients, colleagues, and carriers
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong verbal communication skills. Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- Typically more than 8 years of Personal Lines industry and product line experience
- In addition to familiarity with the major markets as mentioned above, a familiarity with carriers such as Travelers and Progressive as well as The National Flood Ins. Program
- Experience with Epic a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property & Casualty Broker's License required
- CIC, CPCU or other P&C designation preferred
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.