AVP/VP, Commercial Lines Insurance (WV hybrid or remote)
Location: Princeton, West Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The AVP or VP will oversee our West Virginia day-to-day operations of the commercial lines service teams and manage relationships with both insurance carriers and clients. The AVP/VP will work in collaboration with Producers to facilitate a seamless transition of new accounts to account management teams and will positively impact retention by providing, and guiding his team to provide, exceptional client service.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid position from either of our West Virginia offices. We will consider a remote option, from other US cities though working on EST hours. The AVP or VP title will be commensurate with experience. Must have the ability to travel to WV on a needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of account management professionals (approx 10+ direct reports)
- Promote teamwork and collaboration
- Provide training opportunities and coaching to members of the team
- Schedule and lead regular meetings related to the region’s retention strategy
- Travel, as needed, for regional meetings and office visits
- Coordinate adequate staffing and approve PTO for members of the team
- Provide consistent, accurate, timely, and pertinent communication to team members and clients
- Promote established workflows and procedures
- Monitor team’s performance and productivity
- Participate in regular management meetings
- Communicate corporate and regional direction to the team
- Suggest improvements to current workflows and procedures
- Assist in the creation and development of internal policies and procedures
- Conduct performance reviews and performance correction meetings with team members and in cooperation with other managers
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-organized with the ability to handle several projects/accounts simultaneously
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Dedicated work ethic with a commitment to accuracy
- Experience working in a team environment
- Management and leadership skills
- Ability to motivate a team to perform to the highest standards and to work cohesively
- Willingness to travel
- Mastery of insurance underwriting, coverage, and rate analysis
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 or more years of insurance experience
- 3 or more years of leadership/management experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property & Casualty Broker's License required
- Industry designation (CIC, CPCU, CRM, etc.) preferred
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.