VP, Wealth Advisor
Location: Midlothian, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment Advisory firm with $20B in AUM. We have more than 250 employees serving clients from 20 offices in 11 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all aspects of a client's financial life to deliver thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what is most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment Advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisors, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
Wealthspire Advisors is in search of a Wealth Advisor. This position entails collaborating with other members of the team to assist with the wealth management and financial planning needs of our high net-worth clients and their families.
- Lead and/or support other advisors in the management of client engagements.
- Determine appropriate client allocations through analysis of investment objectives, risk tolerance, net worth, income, and investment experience, or other knowledge.
- Execute investment and planning activities (e.g. rebalancing portfolios, money movements, required minimum distributions, tax loss harvesting, charitable planning, lending evaluation, education funding, etc.).
- Actively service client accounts by performing and/or coordinating administrative tasks (e.g. tracking and monitoring account/asset transfers, preparing and presenting performance reports, processing transaction requests as directed, handling necessary paperwork for accounts, etc.).
- Initiate and field client calls on various topics and miscellaneous requests (e.g. account specific questions, general inquiries regarding portfolios, investment market discussions, planning items, money movements, etc.).
- Assist with the development of client financial plans using financial planning software and present results and solutions to clients.
- Monitor client investments, review performance, and suggest changes to client portfolios as appropriate.
- Prepare for and attend client meetings and manage and/or complete all meeting follow-up activities.
- Create proposals for prospective clients.
- Coordinate with clients’ attorneys, accountants, and other professionals as needed.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of various financial planning concepts, such as gift, estate and income tax planning, insurance, credit solutions, education funding, charitable/philanthropic strategies, etc.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to include additional licenses and/or designations, and actively participate in internal and external training sessions and networking events.
- Minimum 5 years of wealth management experience (other or additional experience will be considered).
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to effectively manage task lists.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible team player who is highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Reliable, follows through on commitments.
- Personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Previous supervisory experience managing teams is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and influence/consensus-building skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work through questions and concerns collaboratively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with CRM, portfolio management and financial planning software is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in financial planning, business, accounting, finance, economics, law or related experience.
- Salary, incentive compensation, plus standard benefits package including health care and 401(k).
We’re part of NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. NFP is a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions.
What We Offer
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.