Broker, Private Equity
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Responsible for broking new and renewal business, handling all aspects of the placements from initial market selection through policy delivery to the client. Ensure all clients’ needs are promptly and accurately satisfied, all deadlines are met, and service standards are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of ongoing client service relationships for approximately 50 clients.
- Maintain open and clear communication channels with carriers, clients, producers, and internal partners.
- An average of 5-10% of the time out of the office and overnight travel should be expected periodically.
- Communicate due dates, timelines, and expectations to clients and partners.
- Identify problems, summarize, and develop strategic solutions.
- Responsible for both new business and renewal business accounts from a marketing, brokering, & service perspective.
- Conduct employee, carrier, and client meetings.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Remains informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses with the intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Expected to be a strong member of the community and further personal development in volunteer opportunities.
- Establish effective working relationships with internal partners, clients, and carriers.
- Demonstrate a "whatever it takes" attitude to ensure client satisfaction and to support key Thompson Flanagan initiatives.
- Work with Internal partners, clients, and carriers to ensure accurate and timely responses to all outstanding issues.
- Work with all clients and partners in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- Respond to requests from all clients and partners by stated timeframes.
- Consistently be on time for work and all scheduled meetings and training classes.
- Review emails within 24 hours, and client voicemails within 2-4 hours.
- On-site ongoing training required and provided for all above duties/responsibilities.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances,
- Professional demeanor, sensitivity to client needs, self-motivated, creative, and innovative.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows 2003, Excel, and Word.
Education and/or Experience:
- Prior customer service experience is preferred.
- 4-year college degree or industry-specific designation preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Must currently hold an insurance license (or must obtain it within 3 months of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
About Thompson Flanagan:
Thompson Flanagan is a premier insurance brokerage firm, one born from the belief that there’s a better way to operate as brokers. Thompson Flanagan pairs world-class responsiveness with a rigorous approach to the understanding and appreciation of our clients’ business challenges to determine the best ways to tackle them. Our team-based model empowers every team member to add value and our entrepreneurial mindset keeps everyone relentlessly focused on our clients’ success.
Insurance is complex. That’s why we (at Thompson Flanagan) act as true advocates for our clients—many of whom are law firms, private equity and title companies across the country. We guide them through this maze, knowing how much the right solution can mean to their business. We treat them as we’d like to be treated—keeping them top of mind, communicating openly and being proactive on their behalf. We work as a team, share information constantly and always try to find an even better solution.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.
Thompson Flanagan is a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP, Corp.