Commercial Insurance - Surety Account Manager (hybrid Morristown, NJ)
Location: Morristown, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Account Manager is responsible for working with Client Executives and other Account Managers to service client accounts. The position requires day-to-day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. You will manage the day-to-day handling of each accounts needs, which include file maintenance, issuance of surety bonds, including, bid, performance & payment, maintenance, transactional and renewal, and prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with their more senior team members. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion, but is collaborative in nature with other team members. While in this role, you will be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. In addition to managing your own clients, you may also continue to support the Account Management Team as assigned.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule, working three days a week from our Morristown, NJ office (required) and other days remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts.
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable surety carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in.
- Takes the lead on reviewing carrier source documents for accuracy in collaboration with the Client Executive. Begins to communicate directly with clients and carriers, with approval from the Client Executive.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. Will be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- May be the first line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from the Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
- Customer-focused to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- More than 3 years of client service and/or industry and commercial or Personal lines product experience.
- Surety experience ideal, not required-will train as long as currently P&C licensed
- Fluency with CRMs. EPIC preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License required upon hire
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.