Associate Analyst (Hybrid)
Location: Cockeysville, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,500 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Responsible for the review and suggested settlement of claims which have been assigned by the Claims Manager, within established standards, guidelines and time frames as contained in the Lenders Risk Claims Manual.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the policy under which a claim has been submitted to determine whether the policy provides coverage for the claim.
- Determine whether borrower coverage on the collateral was in force on the date of loss.
- Follow through for the receipt of all lender-provided documentation necessary to adjust the claim.
- Assign an appraiser, investigator or other vendor as appropriate for the insurance product and type of claim.
- Utilize the loan documents and appraisal, investigation or other documentation to complete the Claim Settlement Worksheet and recommend a claim settlement amount or claim denial.
- Escalate all claim situations which fall outside the Claim Specialist's authority to the Claims Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Resident Insurance Agent or Producer Property & Casualty insurance license required within 6 months of employment in this position..
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree or 2 years of college undergraduate study. Equivalent work experience as set forth below will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years' work experience in a business setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property & Casualty license preferred but not required. Will need to obtain in the first 6 months of employment
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.