Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
We currently have an opening for a Sr. Retirement Plan Advisor. Retirement plan advisors are employees who independently service and grow existing client relationships with limited responsibilities for business development. Typically, advisors are assigned to the client after the sales process is complete or have had the relationship transferred to them by an existing Advisor.
The Sr. Advisor role is a salaried position, but comes with a revenue based retention bonus. All Sr. Advisors are encouraged to prospect and build their own book of business on which they are able to earn commissions on if appropriately licensed.
The Sr. Retirement Plan Advisor will be responsible for:
- Quarterly investment reviews with clients
- Relationship Management
- Fielding retirement compliance and plan design questions with plan vendor assistance
- Potential for growth to a managerial position leading an advisory team
On average, the Retirement Plan Advisor will have a book of 30-50 clients for whom he/she is responsible for.
Required Experience/ Characteristics:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the retirement plan industry, 10+ is preferred
- Must be knowledgeable regarding retirement plan design and compliance requirements
- Must be knowledgeable regarding basics of investing and asset allocation, and a general understanding of the securities market
- Top notch presentation skills
- Must be customer service oriented, and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work with computer databases and Microsoft Office Suite
- Series 6, 63 & 65 or
- Series 7 & 66
- Life & Health license is recommended, but not required.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.