Lead Account Manager
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Job Type: Full time
For over 30 years, Schechter Benefits Advisors has specialized in providing strategic employee benefit services to medium size businesses and charitable organizations. Recognizing that each business has distinct needs, our team of specialists provide custom strategies designed to help control our clients’ costs and increase their benefits, including health, dental, vision, prescription, disability, life and 401(k) plans.
We are seeking a full-time Lead Account Manager who will manage a block of clients to assist with service and renewals of employee benefits. We prefer someone who lives in southeast Michigan who can come into our Farmington Hills office periodically for meetings, but this position can be remote for the individual with the right background and experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Support employers and employees regarding benefit needs, enrollments, claim issues, and billing issues. For example, if client has claim issue, obtain documentation in order to research with carrier. After resolution, notify client with update.
- Manage renewal process for existing clients. It is the Lead Account Manager's responsibility to make sure the renewal process stays "on track" with regard to the required time table for the renewal process. This includes making sure the Rate Analysts complete the presentation by the required due date to the scheduling of the meeting with the client to present the renewal. Renewal process begins with discussion of carriers to quote to meeting with client to go over renewal presentation. Lead Account Manager will decide which carriers Rate Analyst should quote. Once decision is made by client with regard to renewal, Open Enrollment meetings are scheduled for employees and materials to present to employees (i.e. Employee Handbook) are required to be prepared.
- Process change in benefits with existing carriers or change to new carrier. In either case, it is necessary that the required paperwork be completed, sent to client for signature, and then submitted to carrier for processing the change. Confirming the change has been properly processed by carrier is also required.
- Implement new business with existing or new client. Prepare and submit required paperwork to client for signature, then submitting to carrier for processing. Confirming the change has been properly processed by carrier is also required.
- Understand client needs ranging from COBRA compliance to ERISA.
- Maintain internal database for clients.
- Written and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel
Experience, Education and Licensure
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Benefits Administration
- High School Diploma or GED
- Health Insurance Agent License (preferred but not required)
What We Offer
We’re proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays and 401(k). Our culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. Join our team of multi-disciplined professionals who work every day to expand our skills and knowledge to help clients preserve, leverage and transfer their wealth.
Schechter Benefits Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.