VP, Actuarial & Analytics - REMOTE
Location: Albany, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,500 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role
The VP of Property and Casualty Actuarial & Analytical Services direct the data and analytical initiatives that will help empower the results for our clients. This position will provide a leadership role for the industry-leading team through solid knowledge in actuarial science and insurance analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply predictive analytics and other modeling techniques to both automate existing processes and produce new insights.
- Provide first-in-class consulting services to our risk management clients with retention optimization, loss simulations, evaluation of unpaid claims liabilities, and other ad hoc bespoke analyses.
- Support the Program division with profitability reviews and segmentation analyses.
- Efficiently deliver quality products and services to clients or colleagues on time, and ensure work product consistently meets expectations for accuracy, process, and reasonability.
- Continuously develop and apply improved procedures to increase accuracy and efficiency, and alert team members to deficiencies in data, processes, and results.
- Developing New Approaches
- Improve reporting and visualization of analysis results for both internal and external audiences.
- Suggest innovative ways to collect and compile data from new or existing resources to produce new products and services, as well as greater insights into client needs and operations.
- Continue to learn industry best practices around data manipulation, aggregation and analyses to support the team’s goal of leading the industry in data science.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong client presence with project management, presentation and facilitation skills
- Well-organized with the ability to handle several projects/clients simultaneously
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong computer programming skills (i.e., SQL, R and/or Python)
- Experience with @Risk
- Dedicated work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- Experience working autonomously as well as in a highly motivated and collaborative team
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Advanced analytical/problem-solving skills
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or related
- More than 8 years of related insurance industry experience
- MGA/Delegated Authority experience a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) certification preferred
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $150,000 – $200,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.