Associate Broker, Commercial Lines (FL hybrid)
Location: Milton, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance and has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,500 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Provides support to broking team members and contributes to strategic recommendations, problem-solving, and solution development for prospects and clients. Develops a comprehensive understanding of prospect and client risk profiles and exposures, and acts to cultivate and maximize insurance market interest leading to the development of effective risk financing and risk transfer solutions. Focuses on tailoring required coverage, terms and conditions, and developing the appropriate program architecture and design.
We offer a hybrid work schedule from any of our local Florida offices. You must be able to work in an office a couple of days a week. Must also have a P&C Florida license.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the analysis of clients’ or prospects’ existing programs and ensure requirements. Review current policies and formulate recommendations for customized risk solutions
- Effectively negotiate with insurance carriers; drives financial and non-financial outcomes that support organic revenue development and retention. Seize upon opportunities to creatively upsell and cross-sell, leading to greater client product density and expanded account margin
- Ensure placements are handled according to NFP’s service model standards and timelines
- Support the team in developing client/prospect diagnostics – working at the direction of the Broker or Senior Broker to complete a total program assessment, including total cost of risk, service deliverables, and opportunities for multi-faceted program improvement
- Assist in the timely production of required documentation and follow-up, ensuring timely flow of materials
- Assist team members with proposal development for existing and prospective clients
- Respond to client queries and concerns to resolve issues promptly
- Review binders and policies to ensure terms and conditions are accurately reflected
- Attend client meetings with team leading to refined and enhanced client communication and presentation skills
- Present to local account executives, participate in RFPs, occasional client meetings and conference calls
- Support the deployment of data and analytics to provide program insights for clients and the broking team
- Develop productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters and local NFP account teams
- Cultivate a thorough understanding of markets to better assist the broking team
- Execute on NFP’s broking strategies, including strategic carriers, panels, and preferred wholesaler utilization
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the insurance marketplace, and the various lines, products and services offered by various insurers
- Ensure client, broking and brokerage data files are maintained in a complete, organized and timely fashion
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Solid negotiation skills – ability to adjust the approach to effectively drive optimal outcomes depending on different personalities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrating reliability and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adjust to changing workload and priorities
- Able to coordinate resources and responsibilities
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a sense of urgency
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Demonstrated knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Epic (agency management system) a plus
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Working knowledge of carrier underwriting practices and processes preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Florida specific-P&C License required upon hire
- Advanced industry designation(s) (e.g. CPCU, CIC, ARM) a plus
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.