Sales Coordinator (Hybrid)
Location: Wallingford, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
Provide new business and/or renewal quoting and service support to account executives and/or account managers. Support efforts to retain business and develop strong broker and carrier relationships. Utilize Case Management Tool (CMT) and establish procedures to ensure accurate reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the marketing of life, disability, worksite, dental and medical coverages. Obtain accurate quotes from designated carriers for specified products.
- Submit RFQ package to internal underwriting and to carriers, as necessary. Responsible for all quoting coordination and follow-up with underwriters and carriers.
- Serve as the primary contact to answer all questions relevant to the RFQ submissions.
- Conduct all necessary data analysis for input/maintenance of sales/financial data into CMT which may include: managing data input and manipulation to yield accurate sales reporting, tracking/updating of status/sold group information, and maintaining inactive files.
- Prepare results in and distribute custom spreadsheets and proposals using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Prepare paperwork for sold case installation and coordinate necessary enrollment material. Communicate with brokers and sales representatives to ensure that installation and amendment expectations are met.
- Perform initial rate calculations using the internal/external software for life, disability, dental and medical coverages.
- May deliver renewals to broker for assigned accounts and serve as internal account manager for smaller clients.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required.
Provide prompt, courteous, and excellent service at an acceptable cost to all customers and operate in accordance with State and Federal law, the company’s Statement of Business Practices, Affirmative Action, Diversity, and other standards. Actively cooperate and interact with all entities of NFP.
Knowledge, Skills and/ or Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 1-2 years of experience in a related field are preferred.
- General math skills are required, and basic analytical skills are preferred.
- Computer skills are required.
- Must be able to maintain accuracy and possess exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform a variety of tasks with limited direction, relying on training and judgment.
- Must have basic planning/organization, problem-solving, time management, decision-making, and oral and written communication
- Familiarity with standard group underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures preferred. The ability to
maintain confidentiality is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.