Location: Glendale, Arizona
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The ideal candidate will create a positive first impression on behalf of the company. This role interacts with customers, suppliers, visitors, staff and others on a daily basis and the candidate will need to be able to respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions in a professional, accurate, and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Answer a high volume of calls on multi-line switchboard directing incoming calls as necessary while maintaining a rapid response rate according to agreed standards.
- .Direct clients to the proper person in a professional, accurate, and timely manner
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner
- Mail processing including opening mail and stamping the outgoing mail and placing the mail in the USPS mailbox in front of the office building
- Sort USPS mail by department by looking up the name of the insured in the Applied EPIC Data Management Base
- Support all departments with various clerical tasks including but not limited to processing, mailing, scanning, etc.
- Print and mail correspondence including certificates of insurance to insureds, certificate holders and or insurance carriers as needed
- Recording checks received in a check log
- FedEx commission checks to the appropriate NFP lock boxes and logs all check detail
- Greet and direct clients/potential clients to the proper representative or back-up
- Maintain and update continuously a log of the availability of staff likely to receive inbound calls
- File data and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned for all departments as needed
- Order and maintain relevant supplies for office effectiveness of duties
- Schedule maintenance on office machines as needed and/or work with NFP IT Team to troubleshoot issues with equipment (printers/scanners/computer)
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine, photocopy and mail machine
- Support the Department’s goal of setting the customer’s expectations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Set the building alarm at the end of the workday
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn Applied/EPIC Data Management Base which is the data based used to look up account information including account manager/producer Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer contact skills
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Ability to professionally diffuse angry/intense situations
- Good knowledge in Windows - Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new systems
- Attention to detail
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or general education degree (GED), college preferred
- Previous P&C insurance office experience desired
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.