Individual Health Account Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
The Individual Health Account Manager is responsible for working with NFP individual clients and the other NFP Account Managers. The position requires day to day client servicing and sales of new and existing clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will place new policies and manage the renewal and marketing process, and prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with their more senior team members. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to deliver services effectively and efficiently to clients. In addition to managing their own clients, may also continue to support the Account Management Team as assigned. Individual Health Sales has an extremely busy fourth quarter due to the enrollment season each year. The Account Manager must be willing and able to work additional hours (Overtime) to meet the demand for services during the enrollment season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively works to develop relationships with carriers and client contacts; may take active role in meetings
- Prepare and send the proposals to clients from multiple software programs
- Takes the lead with clients and carriers to sale and service policies including their status and verification
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- First line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
- Must maintain a current Health and Life Insurance License
- Must certify and recertify with the ACA markets (Fed or State) as well as with the individual carriers and Medicare (AHIP)
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook as well as Windows
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology and products
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent), or BA/BS preferred but not required
- More than 2 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Health Insurance License
Must not have a criminal background
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.